Think getting an insurance quote online is going to take a while? No way, at least not when you choose Direct Auto Insurance! This simple checklist will help you understand each step of the quote and purchase process so that you can get the fastest, most accurate free car insurance quote, leaving you more time to enjoy the things you love most.
Where Do I Start My Insurance Quote Online?
Our quoting process is already close to lightning fast, but you can speed things up by having a few pieces of information on hand:
- Your car's year, make, model, and body type
- How the vehicle will be used (pleasure use/commuting or for business use?)
- Your name, date of birth, gender, marital status, and email address
- The name of your most recent auto insurance company and the bodily injury limits of your last policy
- The number of accidents and tickets you've had in the last 3 years (not including parking tickets)
- Names and dates of birth for other household members 14 years and older, or other regular drivers
What Happens During the Quote?
Once you provide the information outlined above, you'll simply click on "Get Your Quote!" Then you'll be presented with various coverage options, which you're free to customize to suit your needs.
Feel free to customize…
- Your Policy Term: Choose between a 6-month policy term or a 12-month policy term. Remember that a 12-month term can help you "lock-in" your rate for a whole year! But a 6-month option might be a better choice, say if you have a violation on your driving record that’s due to roll off.
- Your Coverage: Your options here will depend on your state and whether or not you own your car, as some coverages may be required by your financial institution or lien holder. Beyond your state's minimum required auto insurance coverage, you may choices related to uninsured motorist coverage and you can choose to add additional coverage like Medical Payments, Accidental Death, and Comprehensive and Collision (the latter two may be required if your car is financed or leased.)
- Your Coverage Limits: Each type of coverage has a "limit" associated with it, represented with two numbers like $25,000/$50,000. The first number is the most liability coverage your insurance company will pay for bodily injury to a single person in a covered accident. The second number is the most they will pay for all bodily injury damages in a covered accident regardless of the number of injured people. Higher limits mean a greater payout for you in the event of a covered loss.
- Your Deductible Amount: If you have comprehensive and/or collision coverage, this is the amount of money you would pay out-of-pocket, up front for damage to your car in a covered accident. The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly payments will typically be.
- Your Additional Products: Add on more benefits with a simple click! Gain additional peace of mind with an Emergency Protection Plan*, 24/7 Roadside Assistance, or a Term Life Insurance policy**.
Psst! Remember, you can save or email your quote at any point in the process. No need to start from scratch if you have to step away from your computer or phone to run errands, pick up the kids, or just take care of life. We get it!
How Do I Buy My Policy?
After you've customized your quote to your satisfaction, you can go ahead and purchase your policy! To proceed, you'll need to provide a few more pieces of information, including your Social Security number, driver's license number and VIN number. Next, you'll be able to review your final price and confirm the coverage selection.
Where Do I Start?
You can start right now, right here! Get your super fast auto insurance quote online to see how much you could be saving when you join the Direct Auto Insurance family. Get your quote online, call 1-877-GO-DIRECT (1-877-463-4732), or stop by a Direct Auto location near you today!
*Emergency Protection Plans are not insurance and each is administered through NationSafeDriver, Boca Raton, FL. Not available in MO.
**Policy terms and conditions apply.
Individual term life insurance by Direct General Life Insurance Company, Nashville, TN. Policy 58TL02010713. Premium and other terms will vary by state, the insured's age, and the selected coverage.