If your car has been involved in an accident, damaged by a covered incident, or if it is stolen, it may be time to file an auto insurance claim. How do you file a claim and what can you expect during the claims process? Follow the steps below for fast service and help with your Direct Auto claim today. It's our goal to get you back in the driver's seat as soon as we can.
Step 1: Contact Us
Report your claim as soon as possible. Call 1-800-403-1077 to speak with a specialist or conveniently file your auto claim online. Simply log into MyAccount and follow the steps in our online portal. We're available 24/7 for new claims!
Step 2: Investigation/Appraisal
- A licensed insurance claims adjuster will be assigned to your claim and will contact you by the end of the next business day.
- The claims team will then complete a thorough investigation of your claim, evaluate the damage, and will answer any questions you may have about your claim.
Step 3: Repair
You have options when it comes to repairing your car or truck.
- Get a virtual photo inspection: Through our MyClaimPics, you can upload photos of your vehicle for a virtual photo inspection. A staff appraiser will complete an appraisal on your vehicle, provide an estimate of the repairs needed, and answer any questions you have about the repair process.
- Have an appraiser come to you: If you're busy, we can send our appraiser to your location to inspect your vehicle's damages and provide you with an estimate for the repairs.
- Choose a repair shop from the Direct Repair Group: Choose a shop from our Direct Repair Group, and we'll guarantee your repairs for as long as you own your vehicle. Get the process started by selecting your shop from the list. We'll take care of the rest.
- Find a repair shop on your own: Or, if you prefer, you always have the option to choose your own repair facility.
- Make rental car arrangements: And, if your policy includes a rental vehicle, your claims adjuster can make your arrangements and explain the rental process.
Step 4: Stay in the Loop
Your claims adjuster will periodically check the status of your repairs and address any issues that may arise, such as: additional damage, payments for additional damage owed, or changes to the expected completion date. Keep your adjuster's phone extension handy, too. This will help you get in contact with them quickly when you want to check your claim status.
If you have any other questions, please call 1-800-403-1077. You can also get chat support online. Our virtual assistant is available anytime or you can chat with a live agent Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm EST.