Filing a Motorcycle Insurance Claim
Riding a motorcycle is exhilarating, freeing, and exciting! At the same time, it can also be dangerous. No one likes to imagine what would happen if they were in an accident, especially not a motorcycle accident. If one does happen though, you can feel secure knowing that we'll get you pointed in the right direction. Experienced representatives are ready to assist you through a fair and easy motorcycle insurance claims process.
Please call us toll-free at 1-877-GO-DIRECT to report a motorcycle claim. We are working to bring you the ability to file a claim online.
Tips for handling a motorcycle accident & claim
A few preventative measures can help speed up the motorcycle claims process. Even if a motorcycle accident never occurs, having certain documentation can come in handy should you ever want to sell your motorcycle, too.
After a motorcycle accident...
- Take pictures. If your motorcycle has custom parts and equipment, be sure to have photographs and receipts for any such accessories.
- Report the accident to the police immediately and be sure to record the officer's name, department, and report number.
- Get the name, address, phone number, driver's license number and insurance information of the parties involved.
- Get the name, type of injury, and type of medical assistance required for anyone injured.
- If you have a camera on hand (or your smartphone camera), photograph the damage sustained on any vehicle or motorcycle involved in the accident, along with the accident scene as well.
Review your motorcycle insurance coverage
If you have any questions regarding motorcycle claims or the claims process, please feel free to call 1-877-GO-DIRECT and we'll be happy to help you. Our friendly representatives can also walk you through your current motorcycle insurance coverage if you have questions about your coverage limits, deductibles, or guest passenger coverage.