- Safe Driver Discount
- Military Discounts
- Good Student Discount
- Senior Citizen Discount
- Driver Education Discounts
- DynamicDrive Discount
- Multi Car Discount
- Multi Policy Discount
- Payment Discounts
- Vehicle Equipment Discounts
- Prior Insurance Coverage Savings
- Homeowner Discount
- Affinity Discount
- Multi Product Discount
- Welcome Back Discount
Own a Home? Save with Car Insurance Discounts!
You're always hunting for ways to save money as a homeowner. After all, taking care of a house isn't cheap! From gutter repair coupons to discounts on new carpet installation, there are savings to be found for almost everything a homeowner could want—including car insurance for all of their vehicles.
Who Can Get a Homeowner Discount?
Direct Auto Insurance offers a homeowner discount of up to 15% on auto insurance. Here's how it works. If you meet the following qualifications, you could be eligible for a car insurance homeowner discount from Direct:
- You (or your spouse) own a home, townhouse, or condominium. (A homeowner discount does not typically apply to mobile homes.)
- You can provide proof of homeownership when you apply for the discount.
- Your proof of homeownership lists the same name and property address as the garaging address that’s listed on your car insurance policy. Your garaging address is where you park your car a majority of the time.
- You live in a state where a homeowner discount is offered.
How Do I Prove I Own My Home?
These documents are most commonly accepted as proof of homeownership:
- Property Tax Assessment: This document is prepared by your local tax assessor's office. Depending on where you live, you may receive it once a year or every couple of years.
- Mortgage Payment Coupon: Some mortgage lenders provide physical coupon books to help you make and keep track of your payments. Each coupon will include all of the necessary information you need to make a payment: when they're due, how much to pay, and where the check should be mailed.
- Copy of Homeowners Insurance Declarations Page: Your homeowners declaration page lists all of your home insurance coverages, limits, and deductibles.
- Other Local Agency Documentation: Information from the County regarding property appraisal or taxes showing the insured’s name and address
Even if you weren’t a homeowner at the time you purchased your auto insurance policy but have since become one, you could still be eligible to save on your current policy. Talk to your local Direct Auto insurance agent about taking advantage of a homeowner discount on car insurance.
Homeowner Discount Q&A
Q: Am I eligible if I live full-time in a motorhome or mobile home? A homeowner discount does not typically apply to mobile homes or motorhomes. If you consider your motorhome to be your permanent residence, you'll want to make sure you have adequate RV insurance.
Q: How do I add a homeowner discount? If you didn't own your home when you first purchased your policy, reach out to your local Direct Auto agent or give us a call. We’ll be happy to walk you through the verification process to receive the discount.
Q: I don't own a home. Can I qualify for other discounts? Yes! Direct Auto offers a number of insurance discounts you could be eligible for, like a Multi-Car Discount for insuring more than one vehicle. Call or come in and we'll help you identify all of the discounts you're entitled to.
Get a Homeowner Discount on Car Insurance
Like buying a new car, having kids, or getting married, purchasing a home is one of those major milestones that’ll make you rethink your insurance. With a homeowner discount from Direct, it could be a milestone that helps you save money and turn your house into even more of a home, sweet home.
If you have questions about your eligibility for a homeowner discount or want to know more about Direct’s many other insurance discounts, talk to one of our representatives at 1-877-GO-DIRECT (1-877-463-4732) or visit a Direct Auto location near you.
Produced by Direct Auto Insurance for affiliates in the National General Insurance Group, Winston-Salem, NC. We offer insurance only in states where we are licensed to do business. You can find this information on our website: directauto.com. Discounts may only apply to certain coverages, are subject to terms and conditions, and may not be available in all states or distribution channels. Price may vary depending on how you buy.